Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weird Holiday Traditions


Since the holidays are coming up faster than we would like, I was thinking about all of my family traditions. Although many of these have nothing to do with "Mediterranean Style," this is a look into my crazy family.

Thanksgiving is at my house every year. Now my house is not very big, but we have 12 people sitting at a very long table in my living room. Since it would take way to long to pass the buns around the table, we just scream "who wants a bun?" and chuck them to whoever says "I do." We take Thanksgiving football to the next level. Everyone has learned to catch my dads fast ball!

Christmas Eve is pretty standard. The table is full of seafood and pierogies. It's Christmas day that the fun tradition starts. My aunt has "The Twelve Days of Christmas" glasses. After many glasses of wine and a full stomach, we take our glass in front of us and prepare ourselves for the musical number. We must take our turn at getting stuck with the first day (no one wants it). My dad ALWAYS gets the fifth day and it is the highlight of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment