Friday, November 27, 2009

My Family's From Where?

My mom's side of the family is 100% Syrian. Here grandparents came here from Syria. I stumbled across these pictures unfortunately when I was helping my family clean out my great uncle's houses when they passed away. I wish that I could have asked them about these pictures while they were still here.

Some of these pictures are from my Uncle Art and Aunt Nettie's visit to Syria and Jerusalem.

My Uncle Art is the man sitting on the right in a barber shop in Homa, Syria. I think that its so interesting to see how the men are very comfortable posing for the camera and smiling.

That is a picture of an actual olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemene. It's huge!

Uncle Art, called Afif in Syrian, is standing at the foot of steps in Boalbak, Lebanon.

The last picture is of the head waiter at the Ambassador Hotel in Jerusalem. I honestly thought that he was a priest of some sort when I first saw it.




1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of old black and white photography, so I love these pictures! especially the barber shop and olive tree photos.

    ReplyDelete